Family mountain biking in Scotland
18 August 2021
Family mountain biking in Scotland
Why is Scotland perfect for MTB?
Scotland has for a long time had a special place in the hearts of all types of cyclists but especially MTB riders. With a variety of tracks that have played host to epic races over the years, it's no surprise that we are seeing more and more riders make the trip to what could be the MTB paradise of the UK.
In more recent times we have seen huge investment into bike parks and infrastructure and have even seen the HQ of the EWS (Enduro World Series) move to glentress. DMTBinS (Developing Mountain Biking in Scotland) has continued its brilliant work by maintaining and building a collection of different trails for MTB riders to enjoy.
What events are in Scotland?
The MTB event scene is massive in Scotland and is highlighted with the TweedLove Bike Festival and the Downhill World Champs at Fort William:
• TweedLove Bike Festival & TweedLove Family Day
TweedLove has been at the forefront of MTB in the tweed valley and across Scotland for a long time. The Bike Festival & the Family Day are great for all types of riders. With activities for adults and children across both events, you'll be able to test out the latest and greatest in the industry whilst also riding immaculately kept trails whenever you want, it is definitely one for the MTB bucket list!
• Downhill World Champs at Fort William
If you love the speed and thrill of Downhill riding then look no further than going to see the DownHill Championship at Fort William. Playing host to the top riders in the world you truly get a sense of the immense talent the riders have and once the weekend is over, you can also grab your gear and replicate your favourite riders winning run!
Don't worry however, there are many more events happening across the country all the time. You have the Scottish Enduro Series, Pirelli King & Queen of the hill, Fair City Enduro, Go MTB Mini, Dirty Reiver, TweedLove Family Day, Wee Jaunt and much much more.
Where can I ride?
Scotland is home to a number of quality MTB tracks, they offer a variety of difficulty and are perfect for people just starting out or riders who are fully focused on racing. Check out some of our top three picks:
• Fort William - The home of Scottish MTB, single handedly brought the spotlight to the Scottish mountains and woodlands for the world to see. Fort William is packed full of the best MTB trails you'll find. It has a variety of different skill level trails and offers a great all round experience for any rider wanting to replicate the downhill world cup.
• Innerleithen/Glentress - Based in the Tweed Valley which arguably is MTB’s most populated area with an abundance of epic trails to suit all needs. With Blue/Red/Black/Orange routes, the forest is home to the best selection of trails anywhere. You can build up confidence on the Blues and then find your way to hitting 10ft or 20ft gaps or carving your way round 180 degree berms all whilst trying to avoid looking at the picturesque scenery surrounding you.
• Comrie Croft - This is an ideal trail centre for families or mixed ability groups. Offering a great range of trails to suit the skill levels of different riders, it allows for more established MTBers to show their rookie friends the ropes. It also has great facilities including a on site bike shop and cafe.
Frog Bikes MTB range
Frog Mountain Bikes are part of our Push The Limits range for older children. These MTBs are the perfect multi terrain bikes for off-road cycling. With junior specific components, including a tailored suspension fork for lighter riders, these mountain bikes provide a smoother ride for any junior.
|Frog MTB 62||Frog MTB 69||Frog MTB 72|
|24" Wheel||26" Wheel||26" Wheel|
|Age: 8-10||Age: 10-12||Age: 13+|
Why buy a Frog MTB 62?
Why buy a Frog MTB 69?
Why buy a Frog MTB 72?